I am great at disassembling and tearing down, but when it comes time to putting things together, fixing, troubleshooting, and the like, I am absolutely terrible. I have no worthy tools for any such job, nor do I have any skill. I do have inclination though - and that is scary because I have no tools or skills. However with a brave and steadfast mindset I tackled a project that proclaimed "no drilling", "easy to install", and "mounts to existing hardware". Seemingly nothing should or could go wrong.
About 1 month ago I bought a new truck. There isn't really a story here, I had great fortune with the 04 Tacoma. It took me across Canada, all around Ontario, it moved 6000 plus tires and tonnes of scrap steel. It was a great vehicle for the years I had it. However the truck was in a bit of a transition of needing a few new parts and having a few minor creeks and squeaks, so I found this time to be a good opportunity to start new. Long and short is I got a new 4 door Tacoma. It is very well equipped with 4 doors, 2 extra from the old one, 6 speed manual, and white. It has all those 2016 fancy dashboard and steering wheel button controlled gadgets, which I haven't really got into, and it is really nice in my opinion. So I am more then satisfied.
I had a topper on my old truck, but in this one I thought I would start with a roll up cover to see how it fairs. Today was the installation day with the promises mentioned in the first paragraph. All in all it went well. I had a bit of a struggle clipping some pieces together, but the bar was upside down. Flip. And viola. The instructions were quite clear - The online video helped, but the physical instructions were more helpful to me. I feel as if I am a way better visual learner, but in this case the job was completed because of the physical instructions.