Sunday, March 25, 2012

I Figured Something Out

We have all of these blankets at home for Molly with these pockets in one of the corners.  I never really knew what they were for...  I figured maybe it was for pocket change or an MP3 player or something.  Anyway Molly spits up as much as the next kid, and my shirt became soiled when I was burping her.  So I un-robed and grabbed a blanket so as not to be up-chucked on again.  The blanket kept on slipping off.  That is when I realized that this blanket doesn't actually have pockets, but rather it is a hoodie so it doesn't slip off my shoulder. 
Molly has been doing terrific.  She is exactly 11 pounds and 59 centimetres long.  She has been sleeping decently and is much more alert and aware of what is going on.  She will be 5 months old on April 3.  She isn't holding her head up on her own yet or sitting up without being propped with a bunch of pillows as support.  She goes to sleep around 7:30 without too much fuss, wakes up around 2:00 am, and then is up and down sporadically until 7:30.  During the day nap time begins around noon and last for about 2 and a half hours.  Another things that is new is Molly making lots of noises and sounds - for no other reason then just to hear herself I am sure.  And maybe to let us know she is around.  I still think her scar on her back looks pretty messed up.  There is also a scar under her belly button too which doesn't look bad at all.  The good news is she is kicking her legs like a donkey and has all kinds of movement and mobility. 

Diane and Rachel relieved Shelly and I last Saturday morning.  We had to pop up to the funeral home for a visitation of a neighbour's wife who died.  We were in and out and paid our respects in less then 10 minutes.  I budgeted 40 minutes or so with the able child minders...  Shelly and I scooted out to Bluewater for a relaxing, quiet breakfast for two.  We were still home within or 40 minute window!  Thanks girls.  (And thanks for bringing back the Minnie Mouse gift from Florida too.)

Not much else really is happening - The weather is getting back to seasonal norms.  I had a huge fire out at the farm this weekend and burnt a ton of garbage - Although I didn't set any tires ablaze.  I thought about it.  But didn't.  It is looking sort of okay out there.  Shelly and I had a big walk around the place today - The fields look absolutely great - Corn is going in.  But as good as the field is, the general clean up is going to be so much work still.  There is a lot to do yet.

Not a great picture of the cat - There is obviously something going on with his eyes.  But what you are supposed to notice is the collars.  Shelly made matching his and hers necklaces out of old shirts.  I wasn't going to wear one - So Mango gets it.  If you scroll back up to the picture of Rachel, you'll notice we gave her a pink one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.