- Listen: I would listen carefully to my colleagues and hear their issues regarding this topic. Listen to what their successes are, and failures too. I would listen to their needs and concerns.
- Share: I would share what I have learned in the first and second parts of this IICT course so far. Perhaps some of the staff will know most of this content, maybe they haven't heard of any of it, and maybe some know just a bit of this. But regardless, I would share the ideas and content I have learned.
- Experiment: Too often I have not started or tried a task related to technology and computers because it has intimidated me. However I think a good leader is someone who takes initiative and tries things no matter how (un)comfortable they feel with it. I will experiment more with technology and be an example of how almost anyone can figure out these darn things!
Philosophy of Using Technology in Education
It is becoming increasingly important that teachers need to integrate technology into the curriculum and instructional program in order to enhance student achievement. Each student should be provided with equal access to technology in the school setting. To ensure students are prepared for their future in the workplace, teachers need to provide students with the opportunity to experience a wide range of systems of technology, and computer programs. Placing items of technology in the classroom is important as it allows students to use them as tools. Students need these tools to solve problems as part of the learning process.
3 Things I Have Learned So Far In The Course
- The types of technologies that are available for students in schools with special needs
- I have learned a great deal about computer software programs that can be used with students and in the classroom such as BitStrip Comic Creator, Skype, Coral Photo Paint, and Hyper Studio for example
- Elements of staff development and how it is conducted