Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Post Easter Recap

 For the past 10 years or more, my buddy John Coups and I have always made it a point to have breakfast together on Good Friday.  It must have started with going out late on a Thursday night, and then crashing over at his place, and continuing on in the morning with eats.  It has morphed from house to house, and other guests too.  Now, family, kids, and it is quite different from yesteryear.  However, the tradition continued this year and John and his family were over, Steve and Hellen, and for a first time this year Phil Dalton and his family.  It was a great get-together.  It was a scoff worthy of any $20 buffet breakfast at a restaurant.

On Saturday morning the family and I took in the annual Easter Egg insanity on the square in Goderich.  It is quite the event.  It is narrated with a mircophone by someone who thinks he calling a monster truck show.  The announcer is trying to get the crowd and the kids all wound up - like it is necessary.  Anyway, something was proclaimed about 20,000 eggs, and then the sound of a marine air horn.  Pandemonium ensued.  Kids and parents rushed to the treasure.  I don't think many parents knew what to do; take pictures, or take the candied eggs.  Wally and I just hung back in the peripherals, Molly eased into the ruckus and scooped a few eggs, Shelly was sussing it all out, and then it was over.  It was quite a cold morning too.  We walked the square a bit.  I got a new watch battery, we got some pepper for the pepper grinder, and then made our way home.

Sunday was the most impressive weather and social day of the weekend.  I went out for a relaxing run for 95 minutes or so.  I crossed paths with a coyote, about 40 yards away, I pushed a turkey for a bit, but then it flew off, and of course I say lots of geese, and rabbits.  Molly and I went for a swim at the YMCA, and then we packed up our provisions and went to Sarnia for an afternoon of family company and food. Suffice it to say the weather was awesome, the food was superb, the drinks were quenching, and all was right.  Wally was rather clingy and didn't seem himself.  Molly was herself; being a decent sport at times, being a bit of a bossy pants at times, and basically holding court as her typical self.

Monday was a rainy day.  A cold, wet hard rain until mid afternoon.  As it let up I got on the phone and called Phil to see if he wanted to go out for a run.  Shelly and the kids had long taken off for a bit of an adventure up to south Bruce county.  Phil was keen to go, so we hit the trail for an easy and mostly dry run.  Not to our surprise, there was a pretty big tree down across the path, so I return later that afternoon and diced it up...  My contribution to maintaining this public space.
Now I won't have to worry about that impediment during the next run....

That is about it actually.  Molly's school or class had a sports themed day last week.  It was "Jersey" day or something. She doesn't actually have any professional sports team clothing at all.  No Leafs or Jays gear.  Nor Raptors or any other professional team wear.  But I think she wore the best jersey ever to be drawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.